Wednesday 21 March 2018

Officially Fosils!

This post might be very unimportant article for you, but this is going to be an awesome post for me because it tells about my memories when I fought to be a fosils :) which a post that will remind me again oneday.

Fosils? What is that? well actually It’s a name of ukm (unit kegiatan mahasiswa). Its name is Fosil anyway, but I don’t know what they call the member so I named myself as Fosils. Heheh. Fosil is an abbreviation of Forum Studi Ilmiah. Can you imagine what we do in this community? I hope so. I am just too lazy to explain :p

So there are some phases you have to pass if you want to join. And I have passed the phases. Wow (I think I am getting alay, sorry!). We did make essay, interview, and the last round which was the best part after all, THE CAMP!!! yay. It’s the most memorable part and I am going to tell you a lil bit more detail about it. Here it is!

We called it as Camping Ilmiah.

It was 08.00 am on Friday morning when the committee asked us to gather at campus. It was a formal opening and some provisioning from the elder and so on. We then left to location by bus.
And finally we arrived. With bunch of stuff on my bag which I used on my back *It’s very heavyyyy anyway* It’s not only about the heavy bag, but we should walk ascend the way which was very nanjak. It was awfully-totally tiring day ever. But alhamdulillah we arrived there safely :))

We than took a rest in mushollah (which was near to the location) for a while and got some foods to eat before we went to build the shelter (I finally know how to do it! It’s very easy). You should know, it was out of expectation. The place we built the shelter was very muddy. Just couldn’t imagine how I passed my days in that sloshy place with good memories <3

Our Saturday was began with morning exercise which was very amberadul. We did gymnastics but no one knew the motion very well. We ended up holding hands forward for minutes (this was very hard thooo). Then we had breakfasted and prepared for the observation. Yup. We used our alma mater jacket and went to the village. We were divided by some groups. We went to people houses. This was my first time as college student do this kind of thing.We interviewed people around the village about the problem they faced on. My group, which consisted of myself, awa’, and mus had visited 3 houses. Until the midday we didn’t get the idea yet, but kak wilda who helped us so much (she is such a good speaker) never stopped supporting us. Remember that night we should find at least a problem and the solution we offer to be presented in front of the seniors and the other new members. We did think very hard until we decided to choose an idea (which was very general and ordinary) but we just couldn’t think any more better idea to be talked. 

One of the best thing about the camp was the time after we made the ppt slide for that night, we got some chit-chat with the predecessor or you can say the seniors or the founder(?) of fosil.

There were 8 seniors with their interesting stories, I just don’t know how to tell you, it was very interesting!

Till the time came to presenting the material, I was felt very nervous. First, because I was not very confident with the topic we chose to be presented. Second, I am not such a very good speaker. Third, there were so many seniors and friends who was going to watch. And the last, I was just not ready for that all :’)

I don’t want to talk about this any longer! Please don’t force me!! :v

Well, the last day of camp, we woke up very early, prayed together, and asked by seniors to make line. We were directed to a place with a round shape and asked to sit circling (please just pretending that you understand if you don’t!). and the kakaks started talking. and etc. etc. when finally we officially became the member. We officially Fosils. Yay!

You might think how gaje this post is and what is very interesting about the story. I think there are missing pieces. I just don’t know what and how to write it down (or I am not a good story teller(?)). Well I am still practicing, I'll try to do better on the next time!

Thanks for reading!

PS. I actually do not want to post this post remind that my grammar must be very huueek and the story was very gaje. But you should know there is a reason why, which I will share on my other post.

No comments:

Post a Comment